Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cisco IPS Manager Express performace tuning

A few weeks ago I did a clean install of IME on a virtual XP with 2GB of RAM. The user experience was okay, after it loaded the gadgets, but I just had to check out the system resources graph.
The java process used around a 100MB of RAM, and the MySQL used under 15MB. While I had a lot of free RAM as buffer, from my experiences it never hurts to give MySQL a lot of RAM.
The config file is "my.ini" under the base installation folder, and this is how it looks like after some tweaks:


[mysqld]
basedir=C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IPS Manager Express/MYSQL
datadir=C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IPS Manager Express/MYSQL/data
port=47007
myisam-recover=DEFAULT,FORCE,QUICK
bind-address=127.0.0.1


# performance options
key_buffer_size=128M
table_cache=256
sort_buffer_size=32M
read_buffer_size=8M


Now it uses around 120MB, and once started, it loads the gadgets noticeably faster.
I tried to add some InnoDB options too, but the options are not recognized. I guess that InnoDB support is not compiled in, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment